top of page
Hospitals
In 1908, the second hospital was opened in the home of Doctors George and John Reycraft on the corner of Arlington Ave. and Grand Ave. They moved the hospital to the Moyer house (Del-Ray Hotel) on the corner of Michigan and Emmet Streets and were there from 1911-1921. They moved to another converted hotel, the Grand, on Lake Street near the Bear River. The hospital remained there until 1939. Finally, Dr. Dean Burns got funding to build a hospital in the current location on Mitchell Street, and donated the land himself. Patients were transferred to the new hospital in April, 1939.
.jpeg)
Reycraft Home used as a hospital

Petoskey Hospital on Emmet Street

Petoskey Hospital on Lake Street
bottom of page